Grace Community Church, a non-denominational congregation located in suburban Raleigh, North Carolina, whose mission is to love Jesus, love our neighbor and live faithfully, is praying for God’s guidance as we search for a Worship and Production Pastor.
The Worship and Production Pastor will oversee all elements of the Sunday morning service under the direction and in cooperation with the Senior Pastor. His or her primary role in the service will be to lead the congregation in praise and worship as well as create an overall atmosphere of worship within the service.
Candidates must also have the ability to recruit, assemble and equip teams to execute the various elements of the Sunday service. With the help of these teams, the Worship and Production Pastor will be responsible for all technical elements of the service (lights, sound, video, etc.) as well as the production of graphics and videos used within the service each week. This position will also be responsible for set and stage design as it varies from season to season and series to series.
Our hope is that the position will grow along with the church and that who we hire now will become a central part of staff and leadership in the years to come.
Success in this role will be measured in the following ways:
- Greater congregational engagement with praise and worship.
- The development of a larger and more diverse praise and worship team.
- The development of a larger and healthier audio/visual team.
- Improvement in the quality and execution of the Sunday morning service.
- The development of relationships in the community with the unchurched.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in music or a related field.
- Minimum five years of experience being a part of the staff of a local church, preferably as the worship leader (ordination is preferred, but not required).
- Comfort and confidence on stage.
- Excellence with an instrument is required, but proficiency in several instruments is preferred.
- Ability to read music and arrange charts is required.
- Ability to recruit, build and equip teams.
- Ability to generate basic graphics for slides and other elements of the service.
- Ability to create simple videos to be used online and in the service.
- Experience in audio/visual and computing technology.
The ability to teach and preach is desired, though not essential, as this position will be invited to preach if the proper gift mix is present.
This will be a full-time position with the expectation of working 40-50 hours per week most weeks. Compensation will be determined based on experience. No relocation allowance is available.
If you would like to pursue this position at Grace, please submit the following to Graceraleighopportunities@gmail.com: 1) resume; 2) cover letter; 3) three links to you leading worship; and 4) any graphics or videos you have produced that would help us see your proficiency in those areas. In your cover letter, please describe for us what draws you to this position and to Grace Community Church.